ABOUT EmployerRegistry.ca - FOR EDUCATORS
Help Page for Educators
Educators looking for help on how to use this website click here.
What is EmployerRegistry.ca?
EmployerRegistry.ca is Ontario's free online community connecting employers and tomorrow's workforce. Developed in 2008, the site acts as a single point of contact for employers looking to get involved with short, medium and long-term educational programs, ranging from one-hour career talks to full-semester cooperative education.
EmployerRegistry.ca Introductory Video
The premier on-line connection for employers to register their interest in experiential learning.
- To connect employers in communities across Ontario with the people and organizations who can help them find or strengthen involvement in new and existing experiential learning programs
- To provide Passport to Prosperity deliverers, educators and other administrators with fast, accessible and usable tools for managing, developing and tracking relationships with local employers
- To provide a platform for an online community focused around experiential learning programs like the Specialist High Skills Major that will allow for the sharing of resources amongst educators and the promotion of local programs across the province.
Benefits for Educators
- An unprecedented level of access to a greater variety of useful employer information, allowing for new opportunities for their students
- One consistent database across all communities, working as a central place for their student connections
- Ability to upload and share student and employer success stories, and share resources with other teachers
- A system developed with a strong emphasis on usability and meeting the day-to-day needs of educators involved with experiential learning
EmployerRegistry.ca is a project of the Halton Industry Education Council (HIEC).