ABOUT EmployerRegistry.ca - FOR EMPLOYERS
What is EmployerRegistry.ca?
EmployerRegistry.ca is Ontario's free online community connecting employers and tomorrow's workforce. Developed in 2008, the site acts as a single point of contact for employers looking to get involved with short, medium and long-term educational programs, ranging from one-hour career talks to full-semester cooperative education.
EmployerRegistry.ca Introductory Video
The premier on-line connection for employers to register their interest in experiential learning.
- To connect employers in communities across Ontario with the people and organizations who can help them find or strengthen involvement in new and existing experiential learning programs
- To provide Passport to Prosperity deliverers, educators and other administrators with fast, accessible and usable tools for managing, developing and tracking relationships with local employers
- To provide a platform for an online community focused around experiential learning programs like the Specialist High Skills Major that will allow for the sharing of resources amongst educators and the promotion of local programs across the province.
Benefits for Employers
- One starting point for involvement in experiential learning
- Ability to easily offer new forms of learning opportunities for students and manage existing opportunities
- Gives immediate clarity to a single point of contact locally
- Can access up-to-date information on learning programs in Ontario
- Forum to spotlight their involvement in helping to define tomorrow’s workforce
EmployerRegistry.ca is a project of the Halton Industry Education Council (HIEC).